If that’s you – or if you are already using LinkedIn but want to get even more benefit from it, you’re in luck! I recently had the great good fortune to interview LinkedIn expert Sherry Sexton. Sherry was kind enough to share dozens of juicy tips to help you rock LinkedIn in 2014 and beyond!
I’ve posted Sherry’s entire interview as a podcast. Here are just a few highlights:
- Don’t use your logo on your personal profile. LinkedIn can shut you down for that. Save it for your business page.
- Instead of using the default “I’d like to connect with you on LinkedIn” connection invitation, personalize it for the individual. You’ll stand out from the crowd, and they’ll be more likely to accept.
- Fill out your profile completely, and use relevant keywords when you do. You’ll attract the right people so much more easily!
The full interview also includes great tips on:
- Exactly what kind of profile picture to use to increase trust and authority on LinkedIn
- What never to do on LinkedIn – do it often enough and you could get kicked off the platform
- How choose LinkedIn groups to join and what to do once you’ve joined them
- And much more
Check it out. Whether you’re looking for B2B customers, need business advice, are looking for a new job, or just want to connect with other like-minded business people, you’re sure to learn something from Sherry to improve your LinkedIn experience. I sure did!
How about yourself – are you a LinkedIn whiz with tips to share? Do you have questions about how to use LinkedIn effectively? Post them below!
My newsletter subscribers will receive a written transcript of this and future interviews, with all the useful tips highlighted. You can, too. Just sign up here!